Sunday, March 19, 2006

From A Couple Weeks Ago....

Howdy. Today is Thursday, March 2, 2006. I awoke today to the sound of the mid-day siren at the Palmyra Volunteer Fire Department. My delayed return to consciousness might have been of some concern if I were still employed by [my former employer]. That not being the case, I elected to stay in bed until I was bored enough to get up and take a shower.

On the topic of my departure from [my former employer], suffice it to say that I learned entire new categories of dishonesty and volumes about how not to run a business during my six months working there. Knowing that peoples’ safety was on the line, I became supremely uncomfortable touting the benefits of their consulting services. I don’t regret coming out here though. Philly’s a great city. My biggest mistake was living in New Jersey.

In any case, I’ll only be here for a few more days. I’m catching a flight to Kansas City on Monday. I’ll be there until March 15, when I’ll be catching a flight to Juneau, Alaska. This summer, I’ll be flying Archers and Cherokee 6’s around Southeast Alaska for a VFR Charter operator based in Juneau. While I couldn’t be more excited about my new gig, it really sucks to again find myself in the position of leaving people whose generous welcome far exceeded anything I could ever repay.

Lightness wins again.