Thursday, April 28, 2005

Taco Bell or McDonalds?

Howdy. I’ve noticed a potentially damaging social phenomenon. You see, I’ve been here at Espresso Royale long enough to have to make two trips to the restroom facilities. The first time, I enjoyed reading all of the literary quotes painted on the men’s room door. From Lao Tzu to Thoreau, it was the most enlightening dump I’ve ever taken. Most recently, however, I stood and waited outside the men’s room for several minutes before giving up and opting for the single toilet women’s room. Walking in, I wondered if there would be a difference in the quotes, but I was shocked to discover NO quotes at all! The entire wall was just a big mirror! I would expect that sort of gender role railroad job in Kansas, but I thought Madison was supposed to be a progressive, women’s lib sort of place. I’ll bet they don’t call on the girls in the math classes here either! The guidance councilors probably just shove them all into fashion marketing and early childhood education and other “Mrs.” Degrees.

In other news, I quit my job today.

No comments: