Saturday, January 22, 2005

Maybe he was wet...

Howdy. I don’t know where I’m staying tonight. I had planned on going out and finding a new campsite today, but sloth and laundry conspired against me.

We didn’t fly today due to high winds on the surface and aloft. We can only fly so fast over the ground and still get good pictures, and we can only fly so slow through the air. If the winds are out of the North at 40 knots (like they were today), we would have to fly below 47 knots to stay below the 87 knot maximum.

Had a blast last night playing my first solo coffee shop gig. I opened for “Better Off Dad,” the father/daughter duo I mentioned a while back. A respectable, though not burgeoning, crowd, partook in the merriment. My fellow pilots were kind enough show up, along with some new Fort Worth friends. Most would probably have been at the coffee shop anyway, because that’s the sort of people we are. I’m playing again tonight. Think I’ll go warm up.

A quote for the road…

From the Laundromat

“Miss, is that your baby running around here?”

“Yes”

“You might want to make sure he’s not in the dryer…”

No comments: